Becca Reads

10.22.2006

Girls Who Grow Up to Be Writers

When I was a girl, I was amazed by the fact that I wanted to grow up to be a writer and so did all the heroines of the books I loved. Rebecca (of Sunnybrook Farm), Maggie (whose Tree Grows in Brooklyn), Laura (in the Woods and on the Prairie), Ella (the oldest of the All-of-a-Kind Family), Betsy (but not Tacy or Tib), and I'm sure there were more. Perhaps everyone wanted to be a writer?

Then, of course, I realized that all those books were written by women who had once been girls who wanted to grow up to be writers, and then grew up to be writers and wrote books about girls like themselves.

So I just wanted to let everyone know that the trend continues in contemporary girl lit, because both Abby Hayes and Lily B. (who is on the Brink of Cool) want to be writers. And there must be more, no?

1 Comments:

  • Hey Becca. I really liked your paragraph, it was really truthful and I could tell it was thought out carefully or it came from a really talented person! It was a really good piece of writing and if you become a writer one day I will read your books, for sure! I will keep looking at your blog.
    Anna
    If you want to email me, it's on my blog which is called Hi!From Anna or if your searching on Blog Search, type in BertiethebusAnna. Bye!

    By Blogger Anna, at 12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home