Becca Reads

6.02.2007

Shrek 3

The big kids got to go somewhere exceedingly exciting with their grandfather (we'll just say it involved the number 38 and leave it at that), so my sister and I took the little girls to see Shrek 3 as compensation. This was a bit of a challenge for me, given my linear compulsions, because I have seen neither Shrek nor Shrek 2. However, my cultural antennae have given me the gist and, besides, it was not all about me.

Which is a very good thing because that was one boring movie. I don't get the appeal of Shrek, the guy, at all, and yes, I get that they are making fun of fairy tales, but...well...whatever. Maybe the original is just better.

The one thing I liked was when the lame princesses suddenly became superheroes. But E liked all the baby scenes, and L chortled frequently, and the children in the theater seemed generally happy, and it was only an hour and a half, so all was good.

2 Comments:

  • I have never gotten the appeal of Shrek.

    By Blogger jackie, at 10:55 AM  

  • The first two movies were definitely better than this one.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home